Coca-Cola, Staples, Frito-Lay, AT&T, Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) and Kansas City Power & Light (KCP&L) have become the first customers to take delivery of the Smith Newton truck, which uses Valence’s supply of lithium phosphate energy-storage solutions.
Those companies have committed to take an initial 30 seed vehicles.
At up to 12 tons gross vehicle weight, the Newton is the largest commercially available electric truck in the world, and its in-service range is up to 150 miles.
“The Smith Newton is an outstanding achievement and we are delighted to be associated with its success in coming to market,” said Mark Donaghy, Valence’s Marketing Manager. “We are using the announcement of this significant in-service trials program to launch a global e-marketing campaign based on the slogan: What can we do for you?”
Valence also has:
- Provided mass energy storage to one of the world's largest green ocean-going 190 ft. mega-yacht
- Powered an all electric deep-sea research submarine
- Powered a fleet of hybrid double-decker buses in London
- Transported children to schools in the US with environmentally friendly hybrid school buses
- Delivered the mail with all electric cargo scooters in 7 countries
- Doubled the range of Segway Personal Transporters