The new stainless steel BOSS FORGE v-box hopper spreader uses some of the heaviest gauge stainless steel in the category—including drive train and hopper, a ½-horsepower motor and one of the industry’s most robust inverted V options.
Available for winter 2017, the BOSS FORGE is one of the few stainless steel spreader models in its class to offer both pintle feed and auger chain systems with the same hopper and a planetary gearbox designed to deliver high-efficiency performance across a wide range of ice control material.
“Boss has been an innovator in snow and ice control for over 30 years. Our team of engineers leveraged what they’ve learned most recently with the BOSS VBX spreaders and applied the best insights, design, technology and customer feedback to develop the FORGE,” said Mark Klossner, Marketing Vice President for BOSS Snowplow.
Geography, ice control materials and operating conditions have a large impact on the types of tools today’s contractors need to get the job done, and the BOSS FORGE answers with a wide range of standard features, options and accessories to meet individual contractor needs and preferences.
Additional key features that set the BOSS FORGE apart:
- ½ horsepower motor and proven VBX drive train
- Standard dual variable speed controller; fleet compatible with existing VBX spreaders
- 2 cubic yard capacity
- Motor covers protect both the drive and spinner motors from falling sand, salt and de-icing materials
- Standard top screen and tie-down kit
- Option for pre-wet capability and upgraded controller
- Lights, tarp, vibrator and inverted V options for pintle chain systems
- Lights and tarp option for auger systems. Vibrator and inverted V are standard equipment on the auger system.
The BOSS FORGE is the latest in the line of stainless steel products from BOSS, including a complete line of stainless steel DXT and HTX snowplows and a stainless steel walk-behind spreader also being introduced in 2017.
For more product details, visit www.bossplow.com.